BlackBerry DTEK60: 5.5-inch QHD display, Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM
Following up its new strategy of licensing out smartphone production rather than making them in-house, a new high-end Blackberry-branded Android smartphone built by TCL (Alcatel) has gone official. The Blackberry DTEK60 (Argon) is available from the ShopBlackBerry.com in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and The Netherlands for $499 USD / £475 / CA$ $650 / € 579.
Equipped with a Secure Bootloader, the Blackberry DTEK60 comes with FIPS 140-2 encryption to protect all data stored on the DTEK60 and uses multi-stage verification to ensure that the Android OS hasn’t been tampered with. It also has the DTEK app to monitor and fix privacy violations.
Powered by Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, the device sports a 5.5-inch Quad HD screen, Snapdragon 820 processor and backed by a 3000mAh battery. It has a rear facing 21MP PDAF camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Front 8MP camera with LED flash and a fingerprint sensor which asides unlocking the device, also allow access to the Password Keeper app and useful when making purchases.
Blackberry DTEK60 Specifications
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm
- Weight: 165g
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Display: 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display
- Pixel Density: 534ppi
- Processor: Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor
- Graphics: Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB Built-in + up to 2TB via microSD card slot
- Main camera: 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K Video recording
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.125um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens, LED flash
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- Others: Fingerprint sensor, Blackberry DTEK app, BlackBerry Hub
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0