BLU R1 HD is a Budget Smartphone Upgradable to Android Nougat
US based, BLU Products, announced a new budget smartphone to its lineup for the US market. The BLU R1 HD is sold unlocked, backed by a 2500mAh battery and is currently one of the few devices yet, confirmed to run the upcoming Android 7.0 Nougat when it arrives later this year.
The BLU R1 HD packs a 5-inch HD display, a 64-bit quad-core Mediatek MT6753 processor, 8MP AutoFocus camera with LED flash and 5MP front facing camera with LED flash. It supports 4G LTE connectivity and incorporates Aluminium metal frame and curved Corning Gorilla Glass.
BLU R1 HD Specifications
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow; Upgradable to Android Nougat
- Dimensions: 143 x 70.7 x 8.5 mm
- Colour: Midnight Black
- Network: 2G, 3G and 4G LTE
- Display: 5.0-inch HD (720 x 1280 pixels), 293 ppi, 420-nit
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad-Core Mediatek MT6753 processor; ARM Mali-T720 GPU
- Memory: 1GB/2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB built-in storage + up to 64GB via microSD
- Camera: 8MP AF main camera + 5MP front selfie cam
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, VoLTE*
- Battery: 2500mAh Li-Polymer
The BLU R1 HD is available in two memory and storage models – the Base model with 1GB RAM/8GB built-in storage and the higher model with 2GB RAM/16GB storage. The price tag starts at less than US$100 for the Base model.