Gionee P8w 4G-Enabled Low-End Smartphone
The Gionee P8w is the latest 4G-enabled smartphone to be launched in Africa. The low-end device has been subjected to a number of hands-on review by a number of platforms. And while the actual selling price is said to between N34,000 – N45,000, it is currently listed on Konga for N37,000.
Moving to the specs, the P8w sports a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display and 3D back-arc design. It is powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz paired with 1GB of RAM and 16GB built-in storage space. For additional storage, there is a microSD card slot for expansion up to 128GB.
For imaging, there is a rear placed 8MP camera with LED flash alongside a front facing 5MP camera with Face Beauty and Mood Photo modes for selfies and video chats. The Gionee P8w has Dual SIM slots, supports 2G, 3G and 4G LTE networks and is expected to last up to 267 hours of standby time.
Gionee P8w Specifications
- Dimensions: 155.2 × 77.6 × 10.78 mm
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with Amigo 3.5 UI
- SIM: Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Colours: Rose Gold, Titanium Gray, Champagne Gold
- Display: 5.0-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS; 293ppi
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core Processor (MediaTek MT6735M)
- GPU: Mali-T760
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB built-in storage + microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Camera: 8MP rear camera with LED flash + 5MP front camera
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- Battery Capacity: 2400mAh Removable battery