Official: LG G6 Unveiled with Snapdragon 821 SoC, LG UX 6.0, Dual Camera Setup
The LG G6, successor to last year’s G5 with innovative modular design, has made its debut at the MWC 2017 in Barcelona. The flagship has a big screen display that fits one hand usage and promises a good cinematic viewing experience, exceptional screen to body ratio, wide angle camera and more.
Featuring a minimalistic body design sculpted from glass and aluminium metal, the LG G6 sports a 5.7-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1440 pixels) FullVision display and 18:9 screen aspect ratio. It relies on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and boots Android 7.0 Nougat OS with LG UX 6.0 and Google Assistant.
The device features Dolby Vision technology and HDR 10, both of which are standards for High Dynamic Range (HDR). It uses a dual 13MP rear cameras – including a 125-degree lens on the wide angle and an expanded 100-degree field of view with its 5MP front camera. The G6 is also IP68 water and dust resistant.
Official LG G6 Specifications
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat OS; LG UX 6.0; Google Assistant
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Display: 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio
- Pixel Density: 564 PPI
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 821 SoC
- Graphics: Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) built-in storage
- External storage: Expandable up to 2TB via microSD
- Main Camera: 13MP wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 125 degrees angle lens + 13MP standard camera with OIS 2.0, f/1.8 aperture and 75 degrees angle lens
- Front Camera: 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 100 degrees wide angle lens
- Connectivity: Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 BLE, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Battery: 3300mAh (embedded); Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Others: Water and Dust Resistant, Fingerprint Sensor, Dolby Vision, HDR10, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC
Commenting on the launch, president of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, Juno Cho said;
“The LG G6 offers users new visual and manual experiences, as it marries an expanded screen with the convenience of one-handed use. LG will continue to lead smartphone innovation with a focus on convenience and reliability in order to exceed consumer expectations.”
Available in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White, the LG G6 is expected to be available on sale sometimes this year. There is no word on pricing and availability.