Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 with Android 7.0 Debuts in Germany
Samsung has officially announced a new Galaxy Xcover series smartphone – the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4. The rugged smartphone caters for adventurers seekers and outdoor enthusiasts who would rather do affordable than shellout huge sums for premium rugged smartphones such as the Galaxy S Active series.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 follows up the Galaxy Xcover 3 from 2015, features hardware buttons and withstands harsh weather and environmental conditions, thanks to its Military-grade certification (MIL-STD 810G). It is also IP68 certified i.e dust proof and water resistant to a depth of 1.5m for up to 30 mins. It sports a 4.99-inch HD TFT touchscreen display that works even with hands gloves on.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 Specifications
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- Dimensions: 146.2 x 73.3 x 9.7mm
- Weight: 172 grams
- 4.99 inches TFT 720 X 1,280 HD, (294 ppi)
- 1.4GHz quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM (LPDDR3)
- 16GB built-in storage (10.1GB user available)
- Expandable up to 256GB with microSD card slot
- 4G LTE Cat. 4 (150/50 Mbps) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 + 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0, NFC
- Main Camera: Rear-facing: 13MP (F1.9, flash, HDR)
- Front Camera: 5MP (F2.2, front-facing flash)
- IP68 dust and water resistance, MIL-STD 810G certification
- Battery: 2,800mAh
The Samsung Galaxy XCover 4 is priced at EUR 259 (US$ 273, £222, AU$356) and will go on sale in Europe (Germany) in March. There is no word on pricing and availability in other parts of the world.