Sony Xperia Touch Interactive Projector Turns Surfaces into Touchscreen
At the recently concluded Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona, Sony Mobiles has announced its new projector technology which can transform any flat surface (wall, table or floor) into touchscreen – the Sony Xperia Touch.
Launched alongside the new 2017 Xperia smartphones, the Sony Xperia Touch is an interactive Android projector, which uses the Sony’s SXRD projection display technology that combines infra-red light and real-time detection (gesture or taps) via the inbuilt camera, at a rate of 60 frames-per-second.
It also serves as a digital hub, as it provides up-to-date weather information, skype access for video chat, and calender access and memo board for written or video notes. The projector can also download apps and games from the Google Play Store, and works with the PS4 Remote Play feature.
Sony Xperia Touch specifications
- Dimension: 69 x 134 x 143 mm
- Weight: 932 grams
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 28 – 80 inches; 1366 x 768 pixels resolution; 100 lumens; 4000:1 contrast
- SXRD three primary colors LCD shutter projection system
- Touch control using IR sensor, 10 point multi-touch
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB eMMC inbuilt storage + microSd card support
- 13MP Exmor RS for mobile camera
- Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, NFC, HDMI Type-D, Wi-Fi (SISO): 11 a/b/g/n/ac, Miracast
- Sensors: e-Compass, GPS, Gyro, Ambient, Light, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity, Human detection
- Two-way stereo speakers
The Sony Xperia Touch will retail at a SRP of EUR 1,499 (GBP 1,284 or USD 1583) when it launches in Europe by Spring 2017.