Sony Xperia XZ Debuts with Advanced Camera Tech, USB Type-C and SD820 SoC
Along with the 4.6″ X Compact, Sony Mobile also announced a new flagship in the new X series – the Sony Xperia XZ at the IFA 2016 in Berlin. The smartphone is equipped with the same camera tech on the aforementioned Sony Xperia X Compact and will launch globally by October 2016.
Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, the Sony Xperia XZ brings triple image sensing technology – a new, improved camera tech, camera shutter button, water resistant (IP65 / IP68) certified body and the fingerprint sensor is embedded into the home button on the side.
Sony Xperia XZ Specifications
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 161 grams
- SIM: Single, Dual SIM
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD Triluminos screen with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: 64-bit Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64 bit SoC
- Graphics: Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB built-in storage + up to 256GB via microSD
- Main Camera: Rear 23MP camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording
- Secondary Camera: Front 13MP camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery Capacity: 2900mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
With the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC on-board and new, innovative camera set-up, the Sony Xperia XZ is a top shelf device and the pricing would definitely reflect that. It will go on sale in Single SIM and Dual SIM options. Forest Blue, Mineral Black and Platinum are the earmarked colour options.