Tecno Camon C9 now Official with HiOS, front and rear 13MP camera
After weeks of speculation and Leaks, the Tecno Camon C9 smartphone has been launched in Nigeria and Kenya. The C9 is the third camera centric device in the Camon series after the Camon C8 and Camon C5. The launch event also ushered in the first wearable from the company – the Tecno T-Band.
The highlight of the Tecno Camon C9 is a front facing 13MP camera with f/2.2 aperture flash for selfies and video chats; along with a rear facing 13MP rear facing AutoFocus camera with dual LED flash and f/2.0 aperture. It also comes with a separate Camera button, Iris scan technology for unlocking the device and runs Android Marshmallow OS with HiOS v1.0.
- Checkout the key Tecno Camon C9 specifications below:
Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HiOS v1.0
- Dual SIM (Micro + Micro)
- Dimensions: 153 x 76.4 x 10.35mm
- 2G, 3G and 4G LTE networks
- 5.5-inch FHD IPS display
- 64-bit Octa-core processor at 1.3GHz
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM a microSD slot up to 128GB
- 13MP Auto-Focus back camera with Flash
- 13MP Front camera with Flash
- 3,000mAh non-removable battery
- Others: Iris scan technology, SIM Ejector Pin, Phone Pouch
The Tecno T-Band is an important accessory for the Camon C9; the smartband alerts user on calls, text, and even theft. It also monitors steps taken, sleep pattern and act as a shutter button for the smartphone.
In terms of pricing the Tecno Camon C9 is expected to sell in the range of NGN 40,000 to NGN 55,000.