Vivo X9 and Vivo X9 Plus Debuts with Dual Front Cameras
Along with the Xplay 6, Vivo officially announced the Vivo X9 and Vivo X9 Plus smartphones. Both devices arrive with Dual Front cameras and are almost the same, save for differences in a number of details such as the screen size, processor, memory, storage and battery.
Pre-installed with Funtouch OS 3.0 (based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow), the Vivo X9 sports a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display and powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor while the bigger model – X9 Plus has a 5.88-inch display with same res and Qualcomm 653 processor.
Both the X9 and X9 Plus has the same front camera setup – a 20MP camera with f/2.0 aperture + secondary 8MP camera for capturing depth information. The main camera is a 16MP camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and PDAF.
Vivo X9/Vivo X9 Plus Specifications
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dimensions: 152.6 x 74 x 6.99 mm / 162 x 79 x 7.45mm
- Weight: 154 grams / 199 grams
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED / 5.88-inch IPS, (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor/Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB storage space
- Main Camera: 16MP Rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- Front Camera: 20MP camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture + secondary 8MP camera
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Others: AKM4376 DAC, Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3050mAh / 4000mAh battery with fast charging
Available in Gold and Rose Gold colurs, the Vivo X9 is priced starting at CNY 2799 ($407) for the 4GB RAM/64GB storage option while the 4GB/128GB model goes for CNY 2999 ($437). Pricing information for the Vivo X9 Plus will be announced on Boxing Day.