WinkPax G1 8-inch Gaming Tablet with 4G, Attachable Controller
While the world await the launch of the Nintendo Switch (US$ 299) early next month, a new gaming tablet from an unknown Chinese brand – the WinkPax G1 recently surfaced online. The so called ‘3-in-1 Phablet’ recently went on sale via a third-party retail website for a price tag around the US$ 300 mark.
WinkPax G1 Gaming Tablet Specifications
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop OS
- Dimensions: 213.9 x 124 x 8.89 mm
- Weight: 0.73kg
- SIM: micro SIM
- Display: 8-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD multitouch
- Processor: Quad-Core MediaTek MT7873 SoC
- Graphics: Mali-T720 MP3 GPU
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB built-in + up to 128GB via microSD card slot
- Camera: 13MP AF Rear camera + 8MP FF front camera
- Connectivity and Ports: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB, micro HDMI
- Battery Capacity: 5400mAh
Pre-installed with the Android Lollipop OS, the WinkPax G1 is tipped as a TV Box, smartphone, gaming console and tablet. It is powered by an octa-core Mediatek MT8783 processor and comes bundled with a handheld bluetooth controller, which is adaptable to serve as the cradle for holding the tablet.
The slate has a Micro SIM slot with 4G support for browsing and making voice calls, micro-HDMI port for connecting to external displays, rear and front 13MP/8MP cameras and the battery promises up to 500 hours of standby time.