Xiaomi announces MIUI 8 Global ROM, public beta up for Grabs July 11
At the launch of the Xiaomi Mi Max phablet in India, the MIUI 8 Global ROM was announced globally. The newest iteration of the popular ROM which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, comes with several new features and design but still offers interactive animations and several theme options.
The MIUI ROM is the first ever product from Xiaomi (released August 16, 2010) and currently has over 200 million active users worldwide. According to stats, Indian MIUI users are 33-percent more active than the average user (Nielsen) and they spend 25-percent more than the average (Mobikwik).
Highlights of the MIUI 8 Global ROM
- Dual apps: life-changing feature that lets you have two separate accounts on one phone for any app you want: Whatsapp, Facebook, etc.
- Second space: create two entirely separate profiles on your Mi phones
- Gallery—native video editing, Quick sharing, redesigned thumbnails, Mi Cloud Photo Sync
- Scrolling screenshots, capture all you want with precise cropping
- Quick ball, fully customizable 5-gesture shortcut
- Calculator with smart conversions baked into the app
- MIUI 8 is the first OS to support Hindi T9 dialer
- More useful SMS app with one-tap actions on messages
The Public Beta of the MIUI 8 will start rolling out starting July 11, 2016 via OTA while the stable version will be available starting from August 16, 2016. Xiaomi also revealed the devices eligible for the MIUI 8 Global ROM. Those devices are the Xiaomi Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5 and Mi Note.
Others include – the Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 2 and Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm.
Via: MIUI Forum