Official: Xiaomi Mi 5c with Octa-Core Surge S1 SoC, 64GB Storage
Alongside the launch of its first ever in-house designed mobile processor; Xiaomi made the Xiaomi Mi 5c official alongside the Redmi 4X. It is the first device to be powered by the Surge S1 and retains the 5.15-inch JDI Full HD display on its predecessor – the Xiaomi Mi 4c.
Sporting a premium metal body, the Mi 5c measures 7.09mm thick, weighs 132 grams and depends on a 2860mAh battery with 9V 2A fast charging. It is equipped with a rear facing 12MP camera with 1.25 micron pixel size, front 8MP camera, USB Type-C port for charging and transferring data and the fingerprint sensor is based in the home button.
Xiaomi Mi 5c Specifications
- Dimensions: 144.38 x 69.68 x 7.09mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Operating System: Android with MIUI 8, upgradable to Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Display: 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) FHD curved glass display, 94.4% of the NTSC color gamut, 550 nits brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- Processor: 2.2GHz Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit Octa-Core SoC with Mali-T860 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB built-in storage (eMMC 5.0)
- Main Camera: Rear 12MP camera with LED flash, 1.25 μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens 27-mm wide angle lens
- Front Camera; 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- Others: Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Battery: 2860mAh built-in battery with 9V/2A fast charging
Available in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colours, the Xiaomi Mi 5c is available in only one variant (3GB RAM /64GB storage) for a price tag of CNY 1499 (US$ 218). Sales commences on March 3rd in China.