Xiaomi Redmi 4X: 5-inch display, SD435 SoC, 4100mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 4X is the latest Redmi series smartphone in the Chinese market. While the spotlight was on Xiaomi’s first ever mobile SoC chipset – the Surge S1 and Mi 5c, the budget smartphone is the sequel to the Redmi 4 and retains the long lasting capacity battery associated with the series. As expected (TENAA), it comes in two models – 2GB/16GB and 3GB/32GB.
The specs of the Redmi 4X is identical to the Redmi 4. It has the same 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, front 5MP selfie camera, rear 13MP camera, Dual SIM and VoLTE support, Android OS with MIUI 8 and a 4100mAh battery. However, the Snapdragon 430 on the predecessor has been swapped for the Snapdragon 435 and offers faster LTE speeds.
Xiaomi Redmi 4X Specifications
- Operating System: Android with MIUI 8
- Dimensions: 139.24 x 69.96 x 8.65 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 450nit brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 SoC
- Graphics: Adreno 505 GPU
- Memory: 2GB /3GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB / 32GB built-in storage + Expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Main Camera: Rear 13MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- Front Camera: Front 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 4100mAh battery
- Others: Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
Available in Cherry Pink, Champagne Gold and Mate Black colours, the Xiaomi Redmi 4X is priced at CNY 699 (US$ 101) for the 2GB RAM + 16GB storage model while the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage model costs CNY 899 (US$ 130).